Full Stack Developer
About NGEN Communications.
NGEN is an advertising agency located in Vaughan, Ontario, providing B2B and B2C clients with fully integrated marketing solutions.
We believe that ideas and innovation happens through inspired people, and we consider our people to be our strongest asset. We are thinkers, explorers, strategists, good listeners, risk-takers, and doers—and we love what we do.
We're looking for a Full Stack Developer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Account and Creative Team to understand project scope.
- Act as a subject matter expert during site mapping, wireframing, usability and design development and provide input as necessary
- Support designers and improve their skills and enhance their contribution to the digital design process
- Write specifications and instructions including work breakdown structures for our development team to determine resource utilization and time estimates for each project
- Establish an application development framework to ensure that NGEN has the appropriate failovers in place
- Coordinate with development team to ensure projects are built to specifications, on time and on budget
- Conduct UAT & QA/testing of developer’s work and bring issues to final resolution
- HTML and CSS coding of e-blasts, landing pages, microsites, web banners, etc.
- Web Content loading in WordPress, Drupal, Magento and other common CMS platforms.
- Provide project status reports to management as required
What you'll need to be successful:
A desire to make an impact. We're not looking for a clock puncher who logs hours. We're looking for a passionate team player that gets excited about whatever they’re working on. Ideally you demonstrate leadership and a desire to make this role your own with an eye on playing a larger role down the road.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Programming and Project Management
- Experience in leading development teams including the ability to collaborate with team members while holding them accountable for their deliverables.
- Extensive Experience with open source CMS platforms (i.e. Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento etc.)
- HTML5 / CSS3/ SCSS
- Foundation / Bootstrap
- Mobile development experience.
- Strong web development skills with key considerations to security risks
- Sound knowledge of Software Architecture and complex applications
- Knowledge of PHP Frameworks like Code Ignitor, Firebase, etc
- Experience in building efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Experience in solving complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Experience in creating database schema that represent and support business processes
- Experience using / developing Application Programming Interfaces (API’s)
- Proficient with code versioning/project management tools, such as Github
- Eye for detail in identifying problems and finding efficient solutions
- Highly analytical and logical thinker who can lead a team to completion
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve IT issues including routers and networking, hardware issues, web hosting server and DNS set up and database configuration (e.g. MySQL).
- Experience with Adobe XD
- Ability to read, write and interpret creative briefs, reports, business correspondence, and communicate with and present information clearly to staff, clients and vendors
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Self motivated with the ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Works well under pressure and deadlines
- Knowledge of website and landing page optimization, SEO, lead gen, A/B testing, and Google analytics
- Good understanding of CRM (e.g. SalesForce) and marketing automation tools (such as InfusionSoft, Pardot, Hubspot or MailChimp) in order to leverage data and manage campaign success
What you can expect.
One of the advantages of working at NGEN is that we truly care about our employees and want to make them successful. As a result, we offer full time employees:
- A competitive starting salary
- Participation in the company’s annual profit sharing program
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Health care allowance
- An annual personal development / educational allowance
If you want to be a part of our exciting team, are located in or close to the GTA and are legal to work in Canada, send your resume to email@example.com