DIGITAL ART DIRECTOR
About NGEN Communications.
NGEN is an advertising agency located in Vaughan, Ontario that helps emerging B2B and B2C companies unlock their full potential by helping them develop fully integrated marketing solutions that drive sales.
We believe that ideas and innovation happens through inspired people, and we consider our people to be our strongest asset. We are thinkers, explorers, strategists, good listeners, risk-takers, doers and we love what we do.
We're looking for an Intermediate Digital Art Director.
Are you a rock star hands-on designer that can conceptualize and envision an integrated campaign? A ninja at creating visuals for multiple platforms leading to digital channels? Are you fluent in everything digital, advertising, print, environmental and other design skills?
NGEN is looking for a highly motivated, versatile individual with passion for understanding human behaviour, selling products and services with sexy visuals, creating great digital experiences, establishing corporate identities and making astonishing layouts for websites, web banners and digital campaigns but you are just as comfortable deliver for print, out-of-home media, retail sales environments, social media, etc. This role is a hybrid of a web designer and an advertising art director.
If you want to be a part of our exciting team, are located in or close to the GTA and are legal to work in Canada, send us your resume and portfolio link.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Champion the sourcing of visual references and developing creative possibilities.
- As part of the creative team, collaborate with copywriters, designers and web developers to define conceptual ideas and create exceptional work for a plethora of clients.
- Work with all parties involved to create enticing campaigns, website, graphics and everything needed to improve the customer experience.
- Develop and respect brand guidelines and identities and maintain visual consistency across multiple touchpoints.
- Champion and or actively participate in the UX/UI/wireframes development phase.
- Be able to deliver designs from concept to final art and be a helping hand when it comes to determining production specs.
- Be part of the quality assurance process to ensure flawless execution of our work.
What you'll need to be successful:
A desire to make an impact. We're not looking for a clock puncher who logs hours. We're looking for a passionate team player that gets excited about whatever they’re working on. Ideally you demonstrate leadership and a desire to make this role your own with an eye on playing a larger role down the road.
- Degree or Diploma in Advertising, Design, Web Design or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a design, creative or digital agency environment. Knowledge of the builder and real estate sector is a plus.
- Skilled with font and colour combinations and the psychology behind them.
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud: Adobe XD as the main tool to design websites and emails, as well as Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign for other daily tasks.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, Bootstrap and CMS-based solutions.
- Mobile-first mentality and experience with web design is a must, with strong comprehension of responsive / adaptive mobile design principles and its implications, limitations and best practices.
- Comprehension of web accessibility guidelines - AODA 2.0
- A team player with superior attention to detail.
- Proactively read and understand briefs, contribute to ideation and quick solutions in a fast paced environment.
- Commitment to meeting project deadlines.
What you can expect.
One of the advantages of working at NGEN is that we truly care about our employees and want to make them successful. As a result, we offer full time employees:
- A competitive starting salary
- Participation in the company’s annual profit sharing program
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Health care allowance
- An annual personal development / educational allowance