About NGEN Communications.
NGEN Communications is a full-service strategic advertising agency located in Vaughan, Ontario, providing Emerging B2B and B2C brands with a full suite of integrated marketing solutions. We believe that ideas and innovation happen through inspired people, and we consider our people to be our strongest asset. We are thinkers, explorers, strategists, good listeners, risk-takers, and doers—and we love what we do.
NGEN was recently recognized by Canadian Business and Macleans as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and as a result, we are looking for a Creative Director to augment our highly collaborative group in developing award-winning solutions so that we continue our growth trajectory.
As the Creative Director you will lead and contribute to the strategic vision and creative direction for the organization’s client portfolio. You will be expected to show outstanding creative thinking and sound execution methods that effectively communicate the strategic intent while connecting with our clients’ targets to deliver measurable results that exceed expectations. In the capacity of Creative Director, you will need to effectively present the creative solution and strategic intent with confidence so that it elicits a positive response.
We're looking for a CREATIVE DIRECTOR.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Spearhead creative planning and strategy so that the agency produces award winning marketing solutions
- Be responsible for all creative output from the team and uphold quality standards across the organization
- Manage the entire creative process and delegate tasks appropriately to internal resources
- Participate in client meetings, prepare compelling and persuasive client presentations & creative concepts
- Review and interpret creative briefs in order to develop sound executable solutions that meet the brief, client requirements and budgets
- Liaise between Account Management and internal team to ensure the timely and successful delivery of integrated marketing solutions
- Remain current on all aspects of client marketing trends and other areas affecting the client’s business
- Lead, manage, mentor the creative team, while providing clear and on-going feedback, including annual performance reviews
- Build and showcase competitive intelligence, category thought leadership, and the ability to uncover problems clients don’t even know they have
- Push the agency’s thinking and challenge the status quo while being cognizant of budgets, hours and timelines
- Manage conflicts, provoke discussions, and make difficult decisions
Skills & experience
A desire to make an impact. We're not looking for a clock puncher who logs hours. We're looking for a passionate team player that gets excited about whatever they’re working on. Ideally you demonstrate leadership and a desire to make this role your own with an eye on playing a larger role down the road.
- A post-secondary degree / diploma in marketing/advertising or business
- A minimum of 5 years leading and managing a creative team and creative process
- Self-motivated with the ability to lead, multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Strategically minded with exceptional understanding of marketing, planning, problem solving, presentation, communication and relationship-building skills
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills: time-management, working to critical paths, budgeting, delegating, facilitating meetings, multi-tasking, attention to detail, follow up, etc.
- Strong understanding of the current media landscape and understand how to apply that understanding into integrated solutions
- Strong knowledge of media strategy and application (digital & traditional etc.)
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and human psychology as it applies to traditional and digital mediums
- Proficient in industry standard software including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Products, Google Docs, & Agency management software
- Works well under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to interpret creative briefs, reports, business correspondence, and communicate with and present information to various stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of content marketing and its application across all marketing initiatives and how to guide design for compelling content.
- Team player – we work as one team
- Lots of passion, very strong organizational skills with a great attention to detail
- Ability to focus and keep perfecting our processes in order to create great work for our clients
- Self-starter who loves to experiment and is comfortable making quick decisions
- Excellent communications skills
- 5 - 10 years Advertising Agency experience
- Strong technical abilities including expertise in UI/UX design, Adobe Creative Suite, using a Mac in a networked environment
- Exceptional portfolio of work samples
- Applicants should submit a resume together with their portfolio along with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No phone calls please.
- NGEN Communications is an equal opportunity employer