Creative Strategist, Copywriter
About NGEN Communications.
NGEN Communications is a full-service strategic advertising agency located in Vaughan, Ontario, providing Emerging B2B and B2C brands with a full suite of integrated marketing solutions. We believe that ideas and innovation happen through inspired people, and we consider our people to be our strongest asset. We are thinkers, explorers, strategists, good listeners, risk-takers, and doers—and we love what we do.
NGEN was recently recognized by Canadian Business and Macleans as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and as a result, we are looking for an ACD Copywriter to augment our highly collaborative group in developing award-winning solutions so that we continue our growth trajectory.
As the ACD, Copywriter you will co-lead and contribute to the strategic vision and creative direction for the organization’s client portfolio. You will be expected to show outstanding creative thinking and sound execution methods that effectively communicate the strategic intent while connecting with our clients’ targets to deliver measurable results that exceed expectations. In this capacity, you will need to effectively present the creative solution and strategic intent with confidence so that it elicits a positive response.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Spearhead creative planning, ideation and strategy so the agency produces award winning marketing solutions
- Write copy that supports the brief for digital, social, film and print
- Participate in client meetings, prepare compelling and persuasive client presentations & creative concepts
- Guide all creative output and uphold quality standards by proofing the work to ensure accuracy of information
- Manage the creative process and delegate tasks using our agency platform
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Liaise between Account Management and internal team to ensure the timely and successful delivery of integrated marketing solutions
- Remain current on all aspects of client marketing trends and other areas affecting the client’s business
- Lead, manage, mentor the creative team, while providing clear and on-going feedback, including annual performance reviews
- Build and showcase competitive intelligence, category thought leadership, and the ability to uncover problems clients don’t even know they have
- Push the agency’s thinking and challenge the status quo while being cognizant of budgets, hours and timelines
- Manage conflicts, provoke discussions, and make difficult decisions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Dynamic Storyteller – You know how to come up with and develop big ideas that work well across all media
- Entrepreneurial – You are self-motivated and know how to meet client expectations (creatively and monetarily)
- Strategically Minded – You are an innovative and original thinker who comes up with unique solutions to client problems
- Profound Leader – You know how to organize, motivate, lead and teach your team so they deliver award winning work.
- Proficient Multi-tasker – You can manage multiple projects, find the time to be creative while giving the team direction
- Resourceful – You write by example and get things done quickly and efficiently whether it be for web, social, film or print
- Technical – You are proficient with industry standard software including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Products, Google Docs, & Agency management software
- Team player – we work as one team
- Lots of passion, very strong organizational skills with a great attention to detail
- Ability to focus and keep perfecting our processes in order to create great work for our clients
- Self-starter who loves to experiment and is comfortable making quick decisions
- Excellent communications skills
- 5 - 10 years Advertising Agency experience
- Exceptional portfolio of work samples
- Applicants should submit a resume together with their portfolio along with salary expectations
- No phone calls please.
- NGEN Communications is an equal opportunity employer